Do you have tried and true holiday crafts that are a tradition for your family?
My absolute favorite holiday craft from childhood are orange pomander balls. They’re simple and quick and create the most incredible aroma throughout our home. Although we do these every year (we delighted in these Thanksgiving morning this year), I wanted to try something new and different as well!
Enter: Pom Pom Christmas Trees!
These are so simple, very affordable, and perfect for all ages. With only 3 supplies, everyone can get creative crafting their own rainbow of color this Christmas!
You will need:
+ Styrofoam Cone Prisms (We used two, one 10″ tall and one 12″ tall. Both had 4″ bases)
+ Assorted Felt Pom Poms
+ Hot Glue Gun
To get started:
- Sort your pom poms by size. The bags I bought had 5 different sized pom poms all mixed together.
- Plug in your hot glue gun and let it heat up. (I did the gluing while my kids did the pom pom-ing)
- Start with your largest sized pom pom and create a ring about the base of your cone. I applied a thin bead of hot glue and held the cone while my children pressed their pom poms around the bottom.
- Keep your working your way up the cone in a spiral gradually switching to the next smallest sized pom pom every couple rows.
5. Be sure to try to randomize your colors and nest the next row in between the previous row so no styrofoam peeks through the cracks.
6. When you get to the top, glue a few of the smallest pom poms on the tippy top and add a larger yellow pom pom atop those as a Christmas Star!
7. Voila! Display and enjoy each season!
We had the best time doing this and we just love the look of them sitting on our shelf in our schoolroom.